Articles on this Page
- 03/09/18--02:17: _General Data Protec...
- 04/09/18--02:49: _Managing my Money P...
- 04/11/18--04:30: _We need your vote!
- 06/20/18--05:23: _We asked for your v...
- 07/04/18--08:42: _The Being Involved ...
- 08/21/18--07:56: _Sales Executive
- 09/10/18--08:04: _Mental Capacity Act...
- 09/13/18--02:38: _Free Legal Advice –...
- 09/20/18--05:45: _SEND – Knowsleys Lo...
- 10/15/18--08:45: _World Mental Health...
- 11/09/18--07:39: _Business Developmen...
- 11/13/18--06:53: _Business Developmen...
- 11/13/18--07:26: _KDC are recruiting
- 11/14/18--01:30: _Thanks to everyone ...
- 11/23/18--06:03: _Managing my Money
- 11/23/18--06:44: _Funding helps deliv...
- 11/30/18--03:16: _Learning Disabiliti...
- 03/09/18--02:17: General Data Protection Regulations
- 04/09/18--02:49: Managing my Money Project – We need your vote
- 04/11/18--04:30: We need your vote!
- 06/20/18--05:23: We asked for your vote and you gave it!
- 07/04/18--08:42: The Being Involved Group Knowsley (BIG)
- 08/21/18--07:56: Sales Executive
- 09/10/18--08:04: Mental Capacity Act 2005
- A Lasting Power of Attorney is someone you say can make some decisions for you in the future.
- The law tells you how to create a Lasting Power of Attorney. You must do what the law says.
- The Court of Protection can also decide on someone to make plans for you and that is called a Deputy.
- This can be hard to understand and you should ask for help from your Independent Mental Health Advocate or someone else you trust
- 09/13/18--02:38: Free Legal Advice – Social Care and SENDS Clinic
- 09/20/18--05:45: SEND – Knowsleys Local Offer
- 10/15/18--08:45: World Mental Health Day
- 11/09/18--07:39: Business Development Manager
- You have expertise of delivering sales within a small business, not for profit or charity sector and can demonstrate an understanding of the operational requirements and value of outsourced payroll activities.
- Your passion for sales will be obvious and your skills will show through your career.
- You have great discipline and love creating tangible results.
- Developing sales plans and maximising opportunities to generate sales activity
- Identifying and creating sales leads through proactive prospecting, networking and engagement channels with strategic partners
- Delivering promotional and marketing related activities e.g. seminars, mailing and call campaigns to increase brand awareness and presence in the local market
- Professional sales experience within a service-related industry
- Ability to build relationships and quickly develop trust with customers and prospects
- Refined presentation skills
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve targets
- 11/13/18--06:53: Business Development Manager
- 11/13/18--07:26: KDC are recruiting
- 11/23/18--06:03: Managing my Money
Spending safely and responsibly
Saving for the things you need
Managing your own bank account
- 11/23/18--06:44: Funding helps deliver more
- 11/30/18--03:16: Learning Disabilities Projects – job opportunities
At Knowsley Disability Concern, we depend on your support and trust in us as we work towards a world of communities where all people with disabilities are included, live independently and are valued as equal citizens. To do this we need to ensure that the personal data we store gives you the information that you […]
Managing my Money
We have until 20 April to get as many votes as possible to help secure a grant from the NatWest Skills and Opportunities Fund. It only takes 2 seconds. Please go to:
To vote click on the North Region, choose Knowsley Disability Concern from the list and click on the vote button.
Managing my Money will be a programme of practical and fun learning sessions, co-designed by people with learning disabilities to suit their needs and delivered locally in Knowsley.
Managing my Money will help people with learning difficulties understand about money, what it is worth, how to budget, how to save for the things they need and even run their own bank account.
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND NETWORKS AND ASK THEM TO DO THE SAME.
The more votes we get by 20 April, the more chance we have of receiving the funding needed to deliver the Managing my Money project.
Thank you for supporting KDC
Managing my Money We have until 20 April to get as many votes as possible to help secure a grant from the NatWest Skills and Opportunities Fund. It only takes 2 seconds. Please go to: http://skillsandopportunitiesfund.natwest.com/vote/ To vote click on the North Region, choose Knowsley Disability Concern from the list and click on the vote […]
Who we are Our website address is: https://www.kdc.org.uk. KDC complies with and is registered under the Data Protection laws of the United Kingdom (registered as Knowsley Disability Concern, registration number Z5132378) We could provide a long description here, as some websites do, of what we do and don’t do with your information, but there would […]
Your Vote for our new project – Managing my Money helped secure the funding from the NatWest We just wanted to thank you for responding to our campaign to vote. Joyce Greaves CEO says We are delighted to have secured this grant from the NatWest Skills and Opportunities Fund. This investment will make a tremendous […]
What is the BIG Group?
BIG stands for Being Involved Group and it is a group for people with a learning disability, who come together to discuss all issues to do with their lives, including health, housing and services.
It started with the government White Paper, ‘Valuing People’, which outlined how people with a learning disability are being excluded but should, in the future, be provided with the opportunity to live full and independent lives as part of the community.
How did it all start?
It started with the government White Paper, ‘Valuing People’ published in March 2001, which outlined how people with a learning disability are being excluded but should, in the future, be provided with the opportunity to live full and independent lives as part of the community.
Click on the image (right) to read the full paper.
Come along to one of our meetings and be part of our community
We help people to be
We help each other make new friends and do different things
We are a community where everyone belongs and feels safe and happy
We organise and take part in social activities
The BIG Group helps people make the most of their lives.
We support each other to play an active role as equal citizens
We work together to design and take part in activities that are for people like us
We run the BIG Pathway programme where people can learn important skills for life
We connect with lots of other groups in the bigger community around us
Tackling Disability Hate Crime
We are here as Hate Crime Ambassadors helping people feel safe where they live
We help people do volunteering work in places local to them
If you want to know more about BIG Group or wish to speak to somebody about the activities and learning programme
Telephone 0151 480 8883
Merseyside Full time – 35 hours p/w £25,900 per annum Your Payroll is a well-established payroll processing bureau specialising in services for people who employ personal assistants/carers in their own home using direct payments from their local authority. We also offer payroll processing for small businesses and voluntary sector organisations. This is a new role […]
Mental Capacity Act 2005
The Mental Capacity Act is all about making decisions. It is law.
Some people are able to make every decision about their own lives.
Some people are able to make some decisions.
A small number of people cannot make any decisions. Being unable to make a decision is called “lacking capacity”.
The Mental Capacity Act is about making sure that people have the support they need to make as many decisions as possible.
The Mental Capacity Act also protects people who need family, friends or paid support staff to make decisions for them.
People making decisions for you
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and you
Sometimes people need treatment or care from people like doctors and nurses or care workers.
People who are staying in a hospital or living in a care home should be treated or cared for in a way that means they are safe.
They should be free to do the things they want to do.
If you are stopped from doing the things you want all the time, this is called being deprived of your liberty. Sometimes people having treatment or care might
be deprived of their liberty to keep them safe.
Liverpool Law Clinic are launching their new service from Monday 8th October 2018 Are you the parent or carer of a child with disabilities? Do you need advice with Support from the Local Authority including assessments, short breaks services, holiday play schemes, care at home, aids and adaptations, financial help with travel costs , direct […]
KDC complies with and is registered under the Data Protection laws of the United Kingdom (registered as Knowsley Disability Concern, registration number Z5132378) We could provide a long description here, as some websites do, of what we do and don’t do with your information, but there would always be something missed. So, to keep […]
KDC is launching a new development programme on Direct Payments for local people who receive mental health services , family carers and Personal Assistants. The programme will have the following features; We want to update our KDC Webpages for Direct Payments & Mental Health . It is out of date and in need of a […]
Basic salary up to £23K p. a – OTE up to £30K
Your Payroll is a well-established payroll processing bureau specialising in services for people who employ personal assistants/carers in their own home using direct payments from their local authority. We also offer payroll processing for small businesses and voluntary sector organisations.
This is a new role introduced to build on our excellent reputation and spearhead our focus to drive growth in client numbers in the commercial sector. With a new website to be launched in September along with refreshed marketing materials, this is an exciting opportunity to be the ‘face’ of Your Payroll and the driving force for growth and market presence.
Who you are:
What you would be accountable for:
What essential attributes you need:
View the detailed job description here, to apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting BDM1118 in the subject. For an informal discussion, contact Joyce Greaves on 0151 480 4090.
Closing date for applications is Monday 3 December.
Merseyside Basic salary up to £23K p. a – OTE up to £30K Your Payroll is a well-established payroll processing bureau specialising in services for people who employ personal assistants/carers in their own home using direct payments from their local authority. We also offer payroll processing for small businesses and voluntary sector organisations. This is […]
Thanks to funding from The Henry Smith Charity we are looking to recruit the following posts to help deliver our award winning BIG Pathway learning programme, Managing My Money project and expand the BIG group Knowsley within the community. to apply for any of the posts you must email email@example.com for a full application pack […]
Pictured is Joyce Greaves, CEO, being presented with the cheque for the winning charity for July/August from ASDA’s Communities Officer, Richard Gowan. Joyce says this funding will be a huge help in delivering our projects for local people with learning difficulties
This programme will boost your confidence
and help you take control of your money
The programme is designed for people with learning disabilities who live in Knowsley. Enrolment starts in January 2019 . To secure your place contact Johanne on 0151 480 4090.
Managing my Money project is made possible with funding from the #skillsandopportunitiesfund from Nat West bank
Thanks to the generosity of the Henry Smith Foundation, we have received funding to deliver the BIG Pathway award winning project into 2019. For full details of the BIG Pathway and how to enrol click here Thanks to the Nat West […]
Below you will find the job descriptions for each post (4 in total), an application form, consent to process your data form and recruitment information. Please complete one application form for each post applied for. Job descriptions and person specifications Learning disabilities coordinator Learning disabilities assistant Programme coordinator Learning support assistant Application form and consent […]